John 16:33 – “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”
Working on our minds is like working on anything else to achieve better results. We often take the time to work on weight issues,hairstyles etc… Basically we spend a lifetime working on our outward self-image. Why? the only reason I can come up with in my mind is because we are so concerned with what others see “The physical”. We as a people spend no time working, studying intently and purposely healing our mind which we need more than anything. Your world the way you see it CAN change!!! You can be free from the emotions that keep you locked up mentally. We do it to our self’s. If your first default mentally is to the negative. How can you live in positivity? You can’t you have to change the default. As soon as that negative thought enters your mind.
Example: “I’m not good enough” Immediately tell yourself “I am good enough”
*Feed yourself positive images, music daily this is giving your mind a workout. At first it may seem as if nothing is changing. But there is another key component you must follow for it to work You have to BELIEVE you can heal.
- Be passionate about your life and the experiences you fill it with.
- Remain open to as much input as possible.
- Don’t shut down the feedback loop with judgment, rigid beliefs, and prejudices.
- Don’t censor incoming data through denial.
- Examine other points of view as if they were your own.
- Take responsibility for making conscious choices
- Work on psychological blocks like shame and guilt – they falsely color your reality.
- Free yourself emotionally – to be emotionally resilient is the best defense against growing rigid.
- Harbor no secrets – they create dark places in the psyche.
- Be willing to redefine yourself every day.
- Don’t regret the past or fear the future. Both bring misery through self-doubt.
Be Well, Journey